The Santa Fe County Democratic Party is hosting a forum Monday September 30 to introduce voters to applicants wishing to replace the late state Rep. Stephen Easley in his District 50 seat.
Applicants from any political party are welcome to attend, County Democratic chairman Richard Ellenberg said.
The event is planned for the Performance Space La Tienda, 7 Caliente Road, Eldorado. State Sen. Peter Wirth will moderate.
House District 50 includes parts of Santa Fe, Bernalillo, Torrance and Valencia counties. The county commissions in each county will make nominations for the appointment by Gov. Susana Martinez. Valencia County already has nominated Vicki Perea, a former Albuquerque City Councilor who is a Republican.
Santa Fe County will be accepting letters of interests and resumes until 5 p.m. on Friday, September 27. Last week the county announced that the following people had applied.
* Cynthia Lukas, a film producer and writer of "transformative documentaries, " according to her website. Lukas served on the Scottsdale, Ariz., City Council from 1998 to 2004.
* Richard H. Rogers, a lawyer and executive editor of Santa Fe Monthly, a free-distribution paper.
* Billy Peterson, owner of Frontier Frames on St. Michael's Drive.
* Matthew McQueen, a lawyer and former member of the Santa Fe River Commission and the County Open Land and Trails Planning and Advisory Committee.
* Pam Cordova, who taught English for 26 years at Belen and Los Lunas schools before she retired in 2006.