Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Keller Reacts To Robinson Reemergence

State Sen. Tim Keller, who defeated incumbent Shannon Robinson in the Democratic primary in 2008, sent me a statement regarding my Sunday column about Robinson announcing he'll challenge Keller for the seat this year -- this time as a Republican:

 “It's time Shannon Robinson live in the present. Gone are the days when he and Manny Aragon ran the Senate and he could freely dole out hundreds of thousands of dollars to club teams he coached. Shannon lost, 2 to 1, in large part because of his compromised record, not because of one mailer. I think people recognize I’ve worked hard to help our district and pass meaningful legislation for our state.”
By the way, Keller told me this little irony, In 2008 Robinson attacked him for once being a ... Republican. Keller said he registered as a Republican while he was a teenager, but switch whiled he was in college.

I told you this was going to be a fun one to watch.