Friday, February 6, 2009

KILMER BACK AT CAPITOL

VAL KILMER GOES TO MEET THE GOV

While leaving a press conference in the Governor's Cabinet Room about an hour and a half ago, who did I run into, but possible future Gov. VAL KILMER.

He smiled for this photo, but went in the door of Gov. Richardson's office before I could even ask him about his comments on Vietnam vets.

Not sure yet what he was talking to Richardson about.

UPDATE: I just ran into Kilmer up in Sen. Phil Griego's office. (Griego and Kilmer tangled years go over that Rolling Stone statement.)

I asked him about his statements in the Esquire article.

"I didn't make that statement," he said. "I have nothing but praise and respect for veterans."

This is Kilmer's second visit to the Roundhouse -- that we know of -- in three days. He said he came for Native American Day and, as he said on Tuesday, "to say hi to some friends."