Friday, March 28, 2014

Politix Fireball Resigns

I just got this from U.S. Rep. Steve Pearce's office:

“I am proud to hire passionate, hardworking, and dedicated congressional staff out of New Mexico,” said Pearce. “When I hired [Rebekah] Stevens, I hoped she could transition from activist to become an asset to the people of New Mexico. It is now clear that major obstacles will prevent this. I asked for and accepted her resignation this morning. I hold myself and my staff to the highest level of accountability, and any distractions that hinder my service to New Mexicans must always be addressed.”

This comes a day after Pearce's Democratic opponent Rocky Lara used Stevens in a political fundraising mailer.

Before she was hired by Pearce this week, Stevens was better known as "Politix Fireball" who used her blog and Twitter account to blast Democrats, "leftists" and some journalist.

I had spoken with her yesterday, but she declined to comment other than to say she apologized to anyone she might have offended.

More later.