Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday Tidbits

I'm going on vacation in just a few hours, so, barring anything big, I won't be posting much in here until July 14 or so. I remember a vacation in California a few years ago in which I'd planned not to blog, but I woke up one morning to find a big article about Bill Richardson staring me in the face from the Los Angeles Times, so I couldn't resist. (Dadgum, that article is still up on the Web. CLICK HERE for a profile of the governor in happer times.

So until then, keep checking Kate Nash's Green Chili Chatter. And for you music fans, keep an eye on my music blog. There should be some fun stuff there during the next couple of weeks.

Here's a couple of items before I leave:

* Not a huge surprise, but Emily's List has endorsed Lt. Gov. Diane Denish for governor. I say it's not a surprise because Emily's List only endorses pro-choice Democratic women candidates and Denish doesn't have much in the way of competition there.

This will be a financial boost for Denish. last election cycle Emily's List raised $43 million for its candidates.

The group today also endorsed Alex Sink for governor of Florida.

XXXXX

For the latest Democrat on Democrat (verbal) violence check out my story today on Jerome Block Sr.'s attack on Attorney General Gary King. King is prosecuting Block and his son, Public Regulation Commissioner Jerome Block, Jr. on election-related charges.

The story is HERE.

XXXXX

See you in mid July.