Monday, October 25, 2010

I'm Back ...

I think I finally whooped the flu or whatever that was that whooped me sometime Thursday night.

I somehow made it through the final Martinez-Denish debate (maybe I could blame my illness on the debate). But I missed work Friday. As I try to catch up, it doesn't look like I missed that much.

Cindy Adams of the New York Post had this little tidbit about Bill Clinton's recent trip to Espanola:

(Clinton) was recently in New Mexico, whose governor is also named Bill. Bill Richardson. In the Clinton White House, Richardson was our UN ambassador. In the Clinton White House, Richardson was secretary of energy. In the Clinton White House, Richardson was a favorite. Then comes our last presidential election. Clinton's former pet supports not Hillary but Obama for office. As you may realize, Bill Richardson is no longer a Clinton buddy. 

So William Jefferson was in New Mexico stumping. Richardson shows up. The event didn't invite him in. Per a very inside insider, Clinton aides, well aware of President Clinton's feelings, on their own turned Richardson away. The Gov was politely told: "Sorry, governor, this is a ticketed event." 

When they later related this to Clinton, I am informed he "laughed delightedly."

However, Richardson spokesman Gilbert Gallegos just told me, "The story is wrong. I just sent a request for a correction. The Governor was invited to the Clinton event, but he and the First Lady were in Paris for the Robert Redford event." (Redford received the Legion of Honor award from French President Nicolas Sarkozy that same day Clinton was wowing Rio Arriba County.)

Just a week and a day until it's over. Hang in, gentle readers.