Monday, March 30, 2009

Means on Kilmer

I'm off work this week, but I just had to post this.

I got a lot of response to the story about the poll that asked pointed questions about Val Kilmer.

But the most interesting email I got was from another actor (well, that's just a part of his resume) who ran for governor here. That's American Indian Movement activist Russell Means, who in 2002 unsuccessfully sought to get on the gubernatorial ballot representing a third party called the Independent Coalition Party.

Here's what Means had to say about Kilmer:

Steve,

I would appreciate it if you would print my statement in response to "Poll probes gubenatorial contenders' policies, past.

Having been in the news for over 40 years, let me quote the late great Civil Rights Attorney, William Kunstler who represented me during my Wounded Knee 1973 trials, "When you are in a struggle, any news is good news".

This is good for the Kilmer Gubernatorial camp if there is one. Because if you are a threat, they come after you. I know I have been there. I for one am mis-quoted often. Remember the media doesn't tell the news they "sell" the news!

I know the man and he's got my vote....Go Kilmer!

Russell Means
American Indian Activist, Actor, Author, Artist
http://www.republicoflakotah.com
http://www.russellmeans.com