Monday, September 13, 2010

Martinez Cleans Up in $$ Race

In the last campaign finance reporting period, Republican Susana Martinez reported raising more than $2 million. That's well over twice what Democrat Diane Denish reported, just under $796,000.

My story about the reports is HERE

For months Denish had a huge lead in campaign funds. Now she has $1.3 million in the bank. Martinez has pulling close with about $1 million.

Martinez's report wasn't filed with the Secretary of State yet because of a technical glitch. I've been assured it will be up tomorrow. The figures I'm using for her are from a news release on her website.

About a quarter of Martinez's total for the period would be that $500,000 contribution from the Republican Governor's Association. I'm assuming that was made before the Sept. 6 cut-off date. The story broke in the Washington Post on Sept. 9, so I guess there's an outside chance it was made on Sept. 7 or 8. We should know tomorrow.

Here's Denish's latest report. I'll post Martinez's as soon as I can when it becomes available.

(Don't make yourself blind. You can enlarge this to full screen.)

Denish Finance Report Sept 2010