Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR AND WELCOME TO MY NEW POLITICAL BLOG!

There's no Roundhouse Roundup column in The New Mexican today because I'm off this week, but here's something even more exciting: ROUNDHOUSE ROUNDUP: THE BLOG.

For the past five years, all my blogging has been over at steveterrell.blogspot.com (except during the Legislature, when I've run separate blogs). Now the old blog will continue on as my music blog, where you can find my Terrell's Tuneup columns, playlists for my KSFR radio shows, my podcasts, etc.

Meanwhile, this place will be the new home for my Thursday political column, as well as other political observations, insights, wisecracks and links to my newspaper stories and other noteworthy sites. This also will serve as my Legislature blog during the upcoming 60-day session.

XXXXXXXXX

KCHF, Channel 11 on Wednesday afternoon, aired Diane Kinderwater's interview with me on her show "Issues and Answers," which was taped a couple of weeks ago. We discussed the past year in politics. It show will run again 10 am and 10:30 pm Friday 3:30 pm Saturday and 6:30 p.m. Sundays.

We actually taped two shows. The second one will begin airing on Jan. 7.

You always take a change when you tape in advance that something will be outdated by the time it airs. It happened here. On one of the Kinderwater shows, I forget which, we spoke briefly about the plan to start Webcasting the state Senate floor sessions. Later I learned that wasn't going to happen, despite the fact the Sentate had spent thousands of bucks to buy and install camera equipment -- and even though the Senate voted by a wide margin in early 2008 to start Webcasting. See my story on that HERE.

Too bad. If somehow the Senate changes its mind, I'll link to the Webcast on this blog.

XXXXXX

Speaking of year-in-review media appearances, I was on a panel of state reporters talking about the golden year of 2008 on KUNM, 89.9 FM. The show aired Sunday, but you can listen to it HERE.